What is Python?
Python is an easy to read and powerful programming language. It was created in the late 1980s by Guido van Rossum, he named Python after the TV show “Monty Python’s Flying Circus”.
What is it used for?
Python programming is used for basic programming and is widely used in Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Generation, Neural Networks and other advanced fields of Computer Science.
Who uses Python?
- Google has been a supporter of Python from their beginning years as a company. They even hired the creator of Python – Guido van Rossum to work for them from 2005 – 2012.
- YouTube is largely written in Python and has been for over 10 years.
- Facebook uses Python as their 3rd language; it’s used to run most of their automation and of course their ads…..
- Instagram is almost entirely Python only and their main reason was the ease of use and maintainability for their ~800 million users.
- Spotify & Netflix use Python for their backend processes and the analysis of user’s likes and dislikes. So when Netflix suggests a movie to you which is not to your taste; you can blame Python… the programmers using Python